I’m tired. Sick and tired of love. I’ve had my fill of love . . . Tired, tired of being admired. Tired of love uninspired. Let’s face it, I’m tired.”Lili Von S.
And we’re tired of overplayed songs that we don’t need or want to hear again. Search for “The 25 Most Overplayed Songs of all Time” and the usual suspects appear on list after list:
- Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen)
- Brown-Eyed Girl (Van Morrison)
- Don’t Stop Believing (Journey)
- Forever Young (Rod Stewart)
- Imagine (John Lennon)
- Love Shack (B-52’s)
- More than a Feeling (Boston)
- Stairway to Heaven (Led Zeppelin)
- Start Me Up (The Rolling Stones)
- Sweet Caroline (Neil Diamond)
And Walk this Way (Aerosmith), most every song by the Eagles, and, whether overplayed or not, any song by Phil Collins.
Speaking of things we don’t need or want to hear again, here are a few in the world of business:
- All I said was
- I just wasn’t thinking
- I didn’t know (and didn’t ask)
- I already emailed you about that
- What I said was taken out of context
- I was carried away in the heat of moment
- It’s just who I am, you get the gristle with the gravy
- It’s my watch, but so-and-so was really the one who . . .
Time for all of us to fess up, own up and grow up. A “check-up from the neck-up,” if you will. Just imagine. It’s easy if you try!
File under: Contribute